Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Memories

Barbara Streisand sang two of my very favorite songs
about memories.  

Memories
Light the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were

From the movie "The Way We Were".   

and

Memory, all alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days, I was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again

From the stage play "Cats".  

Sunday Postcard Art
challenge theme - Memories



7 comments:

Liz said...

What an evocative postcard Jeanette. Really beautiful but sad at the same time, lovely work

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is stunning!

peggy gatto said...

I love the words you shared and your rich postcard, lovely!

Kris Dickinson said...

Love the words and postcard!

linda said...

Lovely and poignant, Jeanette. I think that happens to all of us once we start looking back!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

beeeeee utiful! oh girl.. it's good to see you! i think of you often and i do peek in here every now and then just to see what ur up to.

stay well, my friend.

hugs to you and lorne.

Cindy McMath said...

Great card and the sentiment is so true!

Cindy :)