Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Charlie Chaplin

Entertainers

Charlie Chaplin was the inspiration photo for this challenge.
I decided to go with that, especially, since not to long ago I
watched Robert Downey Jr. do a fabulous job playing him
in the movie Chaplin.

Doing my research I stumbled upon this interesting tidbit....


"Lost Chaplin film discovered in $5 can bought on eBay"

"In 2009 the vendor Morace Park bought a battered cinema reel tin from an online auction site. Once he eventually opened the tin it revealed a roll of film entitled ‘Charlie Chaplin in Zepped’."


"No Buyer for Chaplin Film at Auction"
New York Times, June 30, 2011





13 comments:

Vee Cassidy said...

Brilliant piece and brilliant story, Jeanette. Vee xx

Yvonne said...

Fabulous piece, Jeanette!

sirkkis09 said...

What a story and the fabulous picture!!! Love it.

Pauliina said...

Oh Jeanette this is awesome. I love the way that you put the film tape behind...

sheila 77 said...

Good back story and an interesting well-made image.

Hane said...

Great picture, I also like that film tape thing and the old feeling in this collage.

Kaylene said...

Brilliant design, cheers

Grannie Annie said...

This is an awesome collage Jeanette!

linda said...

Great collage, Jeanette! Loving the grunge!

Jan said...

All the elements you used create a charming piece! I really like it!

ArtChick said...

This is so wonderful. A beautiful collage of Chaplin!

Queenvickans said...

This is so beautiful and what a great idea to make a poster.
http://queenvickans.blogspot.se/p/collageobsession.html

Tiffany said...

I just love what you created!